I'm going to miss this...
I'm going to miss the downtown lifestyle. I'll have to say goodbye to some of my favourite things when we move into our new house!
- Lunch time puppy walks with downtown professional friends
- Coming home to the puppy
- Working from my couch/floor/garden
- Sporadic afternoon naps (Hey! They say geniuses nap, okay!?)
- Home cooked lunches and a wide array of hot teas
All the things I get to do by living downtown, but...
We bought a house!
And it's not downtown!
Having home base near most of my destination meant that:
- I could come home after an early 6:30am yoga class and make coffee for my partner and I even before he hit the road.
- I could come home between classes to cuddle and walk the puppy. Honestly, he's not a puppy, he's a grown dog and he can handle being alone during the day. I'm the one with separation anxiety.
- If I didn't pack a lunch, that I could come home and make something delicious and fresh.
- I didn't get stuck in as much traffic as the rest of the nine-to-fivers.
I could dwell on all the things that I won't be able to do, but...
I'm way too happy-go-lucky for that kind of attitude!
I've modified my schedule to suit my lifestyle. So that I can still come home at lunch because I'll be teaching in Orleans on some mornings and more centrally in the afternoons. And what a nice home it will be! Complete with a pantry, premium lot for some more gardening space, and a dedicated practice space. Plus, home will be closer to our families and many of our close friends! I'll be able to walk to a grocery store in about the same time that I could from the apartment. I'm so happy I could cry!
Just writing this is bringing tears to my eyes!
I've added a gentle but strong hatha class in Orleans on Wednesday mornings from 10-11:15am at QUC. And coming soon, a Yoga Tune Up class on Mondays from 4:30-5:30pm at super sweet new space. EVO Studio will be opening it's doors on November 17th! Join us at EVO for the GRAND OPENING PARTY where there are tons of prizes to be won and fun to be had!
To stay up to date, week-to-week, check out my schedule.
Brewing some more big plans and big changes for the 2017. I can't wait to share... but you'll have to stay tuned so SIGN UP for my Newsletter and follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay in the know.